1.11.2010

The Neanderthal Doesn't Want to Stand Up


Wow, I can't seem to keep this going no matter how much I want to (from time to time). I open the page to check the blogs I follow, get inspired, and then lose all interest when I read my old posts or look at the main page. My puppydogblog outside in the cold, scratching at the door.
It's a grey-ocean day and kind of reflects my sentiments on being back in St. John's. In some ways there is always the enticing mystery of the ocean waiting to be discovered, but when it comes down to it, it's just frigid, vast and dangerous. I miss the spontaneity of living in Hamilton where friends could drop in...and would. Mini-escapes have now been replaced by long-term plans, extravagant air travel, obligation to take advantage of the visiting time by seeing everyone, and confusion about where I feel more at home- alone or in the past.

Now it's time to plot the course for the rest of my necessary time here, break it up into manageable pieces and set goals to make it to each piece. And to muster some interest in getting to that last piece.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

I would come to visit you in a heartbeat.