3.27.2009

Wanderlust, united in movement

I started to think today that maybe I have come to a point where I am no longer afraid or anxious about the future. Maybe all it took was graduating, moving to a new city, and actually discovering that its easy to do something different, to live here, alone, doing something that I was afraid I might fail at. I am not afraid to be away from the people close to me (although the pangs of worry still come that if something happens to one of them it will take a lot to get there). I am not afraid of having of being stuck in a boring lifestyle, or stuck doing something that I might not care about. I think of all the possibilities, instead of the limitations. I sometimes feel good being surrounded by the unknown- people, places, direction. I look forward to having the opportunity of feeling 'finished', and being at a point where I can say, 'ok, what can I do next.' I've been doing courses and school and research for so long, and soon I will not have to worry about getting that essay in on time, cramming my readings in last minute. As of this summer I will be on my own schedule, doing work solely determined by my goals and methods, and will have one year until any real deadlines press on me.
Then what?
I am excited to get to that point of not knowing. I could go anywhere and do almost anything. Will I choose to go back to Ontario? Will I discover an exciting project that will inspire me to further research in a PhD? Will I just take a break from school life, find a job...just live somewhere. Will something totally unforeseen come into play that will determine all this for me? Will I come into a lot of money and just travel the world?
*crosses fingers*

Did I imagine it would be like this?
Was it something like this I wished for?
Or will I want more?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is a truly wonderful post to read (and less tedious then some) I am glad to hear you have finally found that state in life we all knew you were capable of attaining

-Cowards die many times before their deaths, The valiant never taste of death but once-